Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff, GP
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

My son has flushed cheeks since being born and easily

Customer Question

My son has flushed cheeks since being born and easily blushes he is now 9. What can I do to help him as this is causing him to become self conscious
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Elliot Ruff replied 18 days ago.

Good afternoon, I am Dr Ruff, thank you for contacting us today

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
No just advice is fine

I am sorry to hear about your son. There is a condition called Rosacea that can make the face appear more flushed. This however would require someone to examine your son and I would therefore suggest a GP or Dermatology appointment for that.

As to the flushing when embarrassed, this is a rather tricky thing to address and is often down to being young. This would certainly improve as he gets older but a method of managing it would be psychological, so counselling to address him being nervous or embarrassed about things.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
This is what I thought as I was told i had rosecea. The redness therefore cause the blushing I will refer him to a dermatologist. Thank you.

That is my pleasure, I certainly hope this has helped.