How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Shahid Karim Your Own Question
Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Doctor
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 402
Experience:  Medical Specialist
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
Shahid Karim is online now

I would like to know what is wrong with my skin, Around 5

Customer Question

Hi I would like to know what is wrong with my skin
JA: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?
Customer: Around 5 years. I haven't noticed any particular recent changes
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No, but I can provide more detail
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shahid Karim replied 13 days ago.

Hi, thanks for getting in touch. Could you tell me a little more about what you'd like to discuss? Feel free to upload any pictures if you need to. Thanks

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thanks. I have a healthy diet but still get spots occasionally. When I get spots it takes ages and ages for them to go away, and I seem to have been left with lots of marks (pigmentation?) That don't go away. I'll send a picture now
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I'm not sure how to send a picture
Expert:  Shahid Karim replied 13 days ago.

That's ok, I get the idea of what you're describing and it's almost certainly post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. You could start by applying 1% hydrocortisone cream (you can buy it from any pharmacy/tesco etc) to the areas twice a day for 2 weeks and that may be enough but if not then your best bet would be to ask your GP for a prescription of azleic acid 15% gel which is excellent at treating it (prescription only).