Dermadoc
Dermadoc, Board Certified Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, DNB DERMATOLOGY
19010125

I have something on my neck it’s been there for about 8

I have something on my neck it’s been there for about 8 months
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?
Customer: 8 months none of the above
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: it’s very red and as a white hard core that grows outwards
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
File attached (5GV56MP)

Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Kruti , I am a specialist in the field and I will be happy to help.

I am sorry to hear about your concern.

I will try my best to give you suggestions that help your concern.

The answer does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

I would like to inform that we are not allowed to prescribe any medications on the site , I can surely give you my recommendations about your concern.

Thanks for the information.

please allow me 5- 10 mins to type down my recommendations.

thanks

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok thank you
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I’m out work so this way will be fine

hello

thanks for your patience.

It seems to be a cutaneous horn.

A cutaneous horn (cornu cutaneum) is a hard conical projection from the skin, made of compact keratin. They are so named as they resemble an animal’s horn. They arise from benign, premalignant or malignant skin lesions.

Around half of horns have a benign base, and half are premalignant or malignant. The most common underlying lesions are seborrheic keratosis, viral wart (due to human papillomavirus), actinic keratosis and well-differentiated squamous cell carcinoma.

Its difficult to say what is the underlying pathology just on examination.

i would recommend that you visit your dermatologist who can excise it for you and send the specimen for testing in the laboratory. that will give an idea regarding the underlying pathology. Application of cream will not be helpful in your case.

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Hope my recommendations are helpful.

Take care