Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Helllo. I have cystic acne and I have been waiting for my

Customer Question

Helllo. I have cystic acne and I have been waiting for my dermatology appointment on the NHS since October. I am in a lot of pain and it is making me pretty miserable.
JA: When did acne first appear? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: I've had this acne now for around 6 years. I have been on and off lymecycline for a few years and recently finished 6 months of oxytetracycline
JA: Got it. Have you seen a dermatologist about acne?
Customer: Yes once in 2020 and they prescribed 6 months of lymecycline
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Dermatologist should know?
Customer: I had henoch schonlein purpura when i was 18 and my skin has been bad ever since
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 13 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 13 days ago.

It sounds like you would need Accutane or retinoid prescription to control this. Meanwhile, start using salicylic acid face wash twice a day and apply benzoyl peroxide on active lesions till your appointment.

f you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you. I will be happy to help you if you have any other questions in the future.

Best wishes.

Have a great day.