Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

I have developed some red itchy skin on my face its the

Hi I have developed some red itchy skin on my face its the second time it has appeared.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?
Customer: It started off just a little dry then over the week it is Red itchy inflamed and today it is wet if that makes sense... no I have no other skin conditions... only had these on my face twice... I have really good skin normally I've had it nearly a week now
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No nothing at all

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 16 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital.

Skin conditions are always best diagnosed and treated after seeing them directly. May I request you to upload some images please.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I currently have sudacream on it as it's very itchy
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
File attached (5P3V3TZ)
Please hold on they are downloading.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I cant talk atm hence why I'm messaging...
1. Since how long have you had this Rash?
2. Are you experiencing any itching or burning or pain sensation in the local region?
3. Do you have diarrhea when you develop a flare of this Rash?
4. Is there any personal or family history of Psoriasis or atopic dermatitis?
5. Any history of insect bite or camping out doors?
6. Do any of the other family members or social contacts have similar rash?
Hello, the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I am sorry for the inconvenience. I would be glad to continue here texting please.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Even I cannot call.
I never requested a call.
Please answer my questions in in message.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi .. I have had this for a week on Fri.. it started off as just a little dry skin, then started to become itchy over a few day yes it sometimes feels like its burning but not all the time, it became inflamed yesterday and today it's at its Red and angry and sometimes becomes wet... it's very itchy... I've had for a month in march till April and it cleared it but it's back in exactly the same place on my face... no no family history with anything you have mentioned above and no no one else has this in my family or household atm
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No insect bites or camping like I say I had it earlier in the year ... but this is the first time I've experienced this my skin is normally lovely
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Sorry also only other symptom is fatigue
Hello... thank you for getting back with the images.From your symptom analysis and correlating it with the images I feel that the possibility is eczema.Eczema is a skin condition that makes your skin itchy and flaky. We do not know what causes it. Eczema often happens in people who have allergies. It can also run in families. Another term for eczema is atopic dermatitis.The symptoms of eczema can include - Intense itching, redness, small bumps, skin that flakes off or forms scales.Use unscented thick moisturizing creams and ointments to keep the skin from getting too dry. Also, try to avoid things like - Being too hot or sweating too much, being in very dry air,  stress or worry, sudden temperature changes, harsh soaps or cleaning products, perfumes, wool or synthetic fabrics (like polyester).Treatment modalities include moisturizing lotions, steroid creams, immunomodulatory drugs, antihistamines and phototherapy.I suggest -1. Tablet Hydroxizine 25mg at 12am/6am/12pm/6pm (Non OTC) (as the itching is severe)
2. Syrup Benadryl (12.5mg/5ml) 10ml at 3am/9am/3pm/9pm (OTC) (as the itching is severe)
3. Topical emollients and lotions will help.
4. Do not apply Calamine lotion as sometimes it may aggravate the situation please.
5. If this not showing effect in 48 hours you can apply 1% Hydrocortisone cream twice a day for 7 days and the once daily in the morning for another 7 days and then stop it please.I usually suggest this with excellent results.https://www.aveeno.com/products/eczema-therapy-moisturizing-creamI sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you today!Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
The fatigue seems to be unrelated to the rash.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you but I've seen my friend with eczema and it's nothing like that... it's not dry and flaky its wet and sore and inflamed the swollen skin is hard its doesnt run in my family at all but thank you for the advice
Eczema can present not in only single type of presentation.
Please use the above suggestions and get back.
I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you.In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani