RickD810
RickD810, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Expert
109813799

My skin has tiny spots like clogged pores on my arms and

Customer Question

Hi my skin has tiny spots like clogged pores on my arms and they eventually turn to little white heads and I cant get rid of them there itchy and some of them become swollen as they have white pus inside of them
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the skin issue better or worse?
Customer: Awhile now I'd say 2 years and nope nothing makes it worse or better it just appeared and now i cant get rid of them
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No that's it
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  RickD810 replied 11 days ago.

My name is*****

I am pleased to meet you. Can you can let me know of your problem and I will see if I can assist.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hello nice to meet you to ,My arms started getting spots and they kind of look like clogged pore but they eventually turn into white heads or bumpy spots with white pus in them and there itchy it appeared 2 years ago and nothing helps it
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I went to my GP and she said it is a type of dermatitis she gave me steroid cream but it dose not work
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hello?
Expert:  RickD810 replied 11 days ago.

Please bear with me

Expert:  RickD810 replied 11 days ago.

Have you got any pics?

Expert:  RickD810 replied 11 days ago.

Can you also tell me your age and whether you take any regular medication?

Expert:  RickD810 replied 11 days ago.

Hello... are you there?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi yes sorry I am 22 and no I dont take any medications I'm not sure i can send a photo i will try
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I can not send a photo
Expert:  RickD810 replied 10 days ago.

These are more likely to be whiteheads on your skin.

Clogged pores are the main cause of whiteheads.

Whiteheads are considered a mild form of acne. They’re relatively easy to treat.

A topical retinoid is the first-line treatment for whiteheads. However, topical retinoids take three months to see any effect. They should ideally be used every day (or night).

Topical retinoids are used to prevent acne. They shouldn’t be used as a spot treatment on your pimples. Retinoids work by several mechanisms, but, ultimately, they prevent the pore-clogging process.

You should wear sunscreen daily since your skin will be more sensitive to the sun as a result of using a topical retinoid.

If you have inflammatory acne (red bumps and pustules on your face) your doctor might also prescribe oral or topical antibiotics, which destroy excess skin bacteria and reduce inflammation and redness.