Dermadoc
Dermadoc, Board Certified Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, DNB DERMATOLOGY
19010125

My son 2.5 y old Has a rush We was contact 4 times already

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: My son 2.5 y old Has a rush We was contact 4 times already With gp we are back from a visit And he said he will referal to hospital But the time wait is so long i think And we camt wait for it
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Nothing
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Hydrocortisonum is not help
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I can send you a photo. We recognize 3 weeks ago that is start on his left knee and now is all over his body
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
We went to hospital a+e and one fo the dr said is egzema but today we back from gp and he isnt sure that is egzem and is start look horrible on his body
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
We recognise that around 16 of may
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
is neraly 3 weeks
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I try to send you a photos but is looks like I cant send on a chat
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I dont have any respond from you. Any chance to send you a photos maybe will be better for you
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Is the best if we can arrange video call
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Im have a stres and dont know what to do
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I was send you a photos its shuld help. My phone has to be horizontal then I recognise that I can send you a photos
Expert:  Dermadoc replied 13 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Kruti , I am a specialist in the field and I will be happy to help.

I am sorry to hear about your concern.

I will try my best to give you suggestions that help your concern.

The answer does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

I would like to inform that we are not allowed to prescribe any medications on the site , I can surely give you my recommendations about your concern.

Thanks for the information.

please allow me 5- 10 mins to type down my recommendations.

thanks

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Expert:  Dermadoc replied 13 days ago.

hello

Thanks for the information and pictures.

please allow me 10- 15 mins to type down my recommendations, so that I could help you in the best possible way.

Expert:  Dermadoc replied 13 days ago.

Thanks for your patience.

I can understand your concern.

It appears to be eczema.

Atopic eczema is a condition that is common these days. It is definitely on a rise in the winter as the dryness in the skin increases.

Atopy means allergy. It could show  in the form of frequent cold n cough, skin allergies or even itchy dry skin.

When atopy progresses from itchy dry skin to eczema, it becomes a very distressing condition.
It causes a red inflamed rash on many parts of the body.
Keeping it under control is quite a challenge.

Since its an eczema we can't cure it completely but we can just keep it under control.
There are treatment modalities available to keep it under control. These treatments should always be initiated under the guidance of a dermatologist.

However, there are a few measures if taken can help the condition stay in control and also prevent further flares.

Its important to :-

☆MOISTURIZE the skin often.

☆Moisturizers have to be used liberally three to four times a day all over the body

☆No rubbing the skin vigorously dry after bath.

☆Application of moisturizer on slightly wet skin.

Aveeno moisturizing lotion is a good moisturizer. It should be applied immediately after bath on slightly damp skin. It should be applied atleast thrice a day.

oat meal baths will be helpful.

Also I would recommend application of elidel cream twice a day for atleast a month.

It will require a prescription from your local doctor.

It is an effective treatment for atopic dermatitis. Till you get a prescription , I would recommend application of cortisone lotion mixed with bacitracin cream twice a day for 10 days.

That will help to resolve the acute flare that he has.

Also you could give him an antihistamine like claritin in case of itching.

These are my suggestions, I hope they really help to address your concern. Please let me know if you have any queries. I will be happy to answer them , till you get an answer to all your queries.

Hope my recommendations are helpful.

Take care

Warm Regards