Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Doctor
Experience:  Medical Specialist
111381268

Been suffering now with acne for about 8 months had a 5

Been suffering now with acne for about 8 months had a 5 month course of antibiotics , used lymecyclizine and just using zineryt , I am 41 and think it’s hormonal acne as it’s on my jawline and neck anything that you can suggest
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?
Customer: About 18 months they become very sore when they flare up
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Hi, thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've been facing with the acne. I'd suggest asking your GP for a prescription of benzyl peroxide gel 5% and try using that instead as it often works better than antibiotics. The next option is to use benzyl peroxide in combination with antibiotics and another option is to consider the contraceptive pill of course to help with hormonal balance and therefore the acne too (if hormonally driven as it sounds like it is). I hope that helps.