Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
Experience:  MD
23744323

I've got some keloid scars on my shoulder, head, and back.

Customer Question

Hi, I've got some keloid scars on my shoulder, head, and back. It's not a massive deal for me but they are growing and I'm wondering if there's anything I can do about that.
JA: When did keloid first appear? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: I've had them for a very long time but they've gotten bigger in the last 10 years.
JA: The Dermatologist will be able to answer that. Have you seen a dermatologist about keloid?
Customer: Not really. My dermatologist years ago just made a horrible gasp and said there's nothing he could do.
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Dermatologist should know?
Customer: I did have horrible akne as a teenager and have a couple of moles that I get checked regularly. Nobody else in my family has keloid scars
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 17 days ago.

Hi there,
I am an experienced Medical Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
Please post a pic of the concerned area to provide your with precise diagnosis and treatment plan.