DermDoc
DermDoc, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

I have a problem with my fingernails, they are very thin and

Hello, I have a problem with my fingernails, they are very thin and break quickly, they exfoliate and grow very hard, I tried countless methods that did not work, for some time I had 2 peels on my nails. nail bed, can you recommend me something for that? I have attached a picture for viewing
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have not consulted a doctor, I currently use the Mavala range for nail strengthening
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Not yet

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

And I would serve you with care and patience.

First I need to ask a few questions so that I can gather more information related to your health concerns; I am preparing & typing the questions now, and I will follow up with you.

NOTE - All phone call requests are auto-generated and you may ignore these requests. Communicating through text chat is just fine with me.

I am sorry to hear about your problem.
We can continue our conversation now through text in this reply forum.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What are your age and gender?

Any medical history?

Are you taking any medications?

Hair loss?

Weight changes?

Mood swings?

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
25 year old woman, I am not taking medication and I have no other medical history
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
File attached (56L5634)
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
File attached (VM1MZVG)
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
about hair I can say that it is quite healthy and does not fall out

Please allow me just a few minutes.
I’ll reply to you back soon after reviewing it.

Thanks for your cooperation and patience.

Sorry for the late reply and inconvenience.

Thanks for all this additional information.

I understand your concern.

And it’s my first privilege to pay attention and provide you with suggestions to relieve your discomfort/ worry.

I reviewed your pictures.

There are many different factors that could cause brittle nails. These causes can range from thyroid dysfunctionharsh chemicals, lack of vitamins or severe trauma, nail disease.

n the mean time, there are two things you can do:

First, if you are not intollerant to milk, you should start drinking milk on a daily basis, or increase how much you drink. The calcium does wonders for your hair and nails.

Second, your diet may be low in biotin, which part of the Vitamin B family. You should start eating more peanuts and peanutbutter, cauliflower, lentils, egg yolk, liver, Brewer's yeast, soybeans, and walnuts.

Third, use petrolium jelly on your fingernails and cuticles at night before going to bed. This will help to keep you nails hydrated.

Fourth, keep your nails away from harsh chemicals like bleach, and excessive contact with water. If you do household chores, be sure to wear gloves!

You should also start on following supplements: Biotin 250 mcg daily, Iron 30 mg daily, vitamin E 200 units daily for nail health.

Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.

Let me know if you have any further queries so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Thanks for the advice, but an antifungal product or something to apply on the nail or under it you can't recommend me?

Not currently.

As it doesn't suggest nail fungus.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
ok, can I continue to use Mavala products? I have an oil that I apply on the cuticles daily and a hardening solution that I use once a week. Could I administer an oral vitamin complex, a complex that you can suggest to me?

Yes, you can continue Mavala products and oil.

Permea or Perfectil vitamins for skin, hair, and nails

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
perfectly I only administered 30 days, because I don't know how long the administration period can be without breaks

You should use Mavala for 2-3 monthis.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
the supplements as well ?

Yes.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.

I wish you good health.
Welcome.
Kind Regards
Dr.Anil