Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

I have had for about 2mths, a 'rash' between my buttocks. I

Customer Question

I have had for about 2mths, a 'rash' between my buttocks. I wondered if it was eczema which I suffer from but usually on my hands and knee, however none of those areas arent affected. This 'rash' seems to be spreading to the cheeks, it is extremely itchy, red and raised, and weeping.
JA: When did the rash first appear? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: about 2mths ago, and I have used my Dermovate, and talcum powder not at the same time.
JA: Got it. Have you seen a dermatologist about the rash?
Customer: no, just tried to get in with my own doctor this morning but no-one in. Where do I get to see a dermatologist pse?
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Dermatologist should know?
Customer: dont think so, so do I google a dermatologist then, or is there a no. to ring?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 17 days ago.

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 16 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital.

Skin conditions are always best diagnosed and treated after seeing them directly. May I request you to upload some images please.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I will do so this evening, is that OK?

Sure

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No, thank you. I will try my walk in centre. Pse do not ring or charge me for a call
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 16 days ago.

Hello, the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I am sorry for the inconvenience. I would be glad to continue here texting please.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** are right, visual evidence required. I will go to the walk in centre. Kindest regards, ***** ***** you for your time

Sure, I will respond after I see them in evening.

Hello?

As you are not able to respond. I will try my level best with the minimal information available.

"Without the information requested in my first/previous response, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps."

Please do remember that you can still come back to me for further clarification.

Best regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hello...I am sorry for your symptoms.

From your symptom analysis I feel that the possibility is eczema.

The other possibility is underactive thyroid causing this.

Eczema is a skin condition that makes your skin itchy and flaky. We do not know what causes it. Eczema often happens in people who have allergies. It can also run in families. Another term for eczema is atopic dermatitis.

The symptoms of eczema can include - Intense itching, redness, small bumps, skin that flakes off or forms scales.

Use unscented thick moisturizing creams and ointments to keep the skin from getting too dry. Also, try to avoid things like - Being too hot or sweating too much, being in very dry air, stress or worry, sudden temperature changes, harsh soaps or cleaning products, perfumes, wool or synthetic fabrics (like polyester).

Treatment modalities include moisturizing lotions, steroid creams, immunomodulatory drugs, antihistamines and phototherapy.

I suggest -

1. Tablet Hydroxizine 25mg at 12am/6am/12pm/6pm (Non OTC) (as the itching is severe)

2. Syrup Benadryl (12.5mg/5ml) 10ml at 3am/9am/3pm/9pm (OTC) (as the itching is severe)

3. Topical emollients and lotions will help.

4. Do not apply Calamine lotion as sometimes it may aggravate the situation please.

5. If this not showing effect in 48 hours you can apply 1% Hydrocortisone cream twice a day for 7 days and the once daily in the morning for another 7 days and then stop it please.

I usually suggest this with excellent results.

https://www.aveeno.com/products/eczema-therapy-moisturizing-cream

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you today!

Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.