Khizra Naz
Khizra Naz, GP
Experience:  GP training at St helens and knowsely trust (Acute Worcestershire Hospital Trust, Ul
108331350

If finasteride isnt working a 1mg is it safe or potrntially

Customer Question

If finasteride isnt working a 1mg is it safe or potrntially more effective to double the dose to 2mg for my hair loss
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Khizra Naz replied 19 days ago.

Hello My name is***** will try my best to help you today

Customer: replied 19 days ago.

IT's not a recommended dose. You can only use 1mg for hair loss-increasing the dose would have it's side effects.

I won't advise this.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Ok thanks, ***** ***** used topical minoxidil in the past, which did actually help, i had hair grow back and stay for a while but for watever reason it all started to fall out again, any thoughts on why this could be? id like to try oral minoxidil as a treatment but seems soo hard to get hold.of as to.my understanding, gps are not licenced to prescribe. I know this is an option as there are some that can prescribe off licenence, not sure on who to approach or ask?

Hair loss is usually genetic, minoxidil and finasteride are not cure but they do help.

The only cause I can think of is genetic.