Dermadoc
Dermadoc, Board Certified Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, DNB DERMATOLOGY
19010125

I keep getting a acne like rash on and off mainly on my

Hi I keep getting a acne like rash on and off mainly on my chest, sometimes stomach back. I have tried lots of acne treatments and come to the conclusion its more likely folliculitis of some sort.
JA: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: No other affects at all. This has been going off for years. I've seen my gp who gave hydrocortisone and not worked. I'd say its been a good 10 years now
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have a marina coil fitted as of 2018 but I don't think its had much effect on this issue.

Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Kruti , I am a specialist in the field and I will be happy to help.

I am sorry to hear about your concern and I would try my best to allay your worries.

I will be glad to assist you today and will try my best to give you an answer that is helpful.

The answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

I would like to inform that we are not allowed to prescribe any medications on the site , I can surely give you my recommendations about your concern.

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:-

Usually skin conditions are best diagnosed if its possible to see them , so it gives me a clearer picture of what the problem is. Hence I would like to request you to please send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?

Please send a picture in jpeg/jpg or png format. You can send it as an attachment here, using the paper clip sign on the toolbar , just above the space where we are typing or using the add files next to the send button. Or alternatively you can upload them on google photos and send me the link.

In case, its not possible for you to send a picture, I can understand, please do let me know. I will surely try to still help you out.

Thanks. Regards

Dr. Kruti

Thanks for your patience.

I can understand your concern.

It will be helpful to see the pictures and give an opinion. Till then I am giving you my recommendations.

Folliculitis is a bacterial infection of hair follicles.

I would recommend application of bactroban cream twice a day for 2 weeks on the boils that you are getting.

If it is recurrent, it indicates its a bacterial carriage in the body folds which needs to be treated.

Bacterial carriage means bacteria being harboured in the body folds. for this , I would recommend application of bactroban cream twice a day for a week every month for 6 months in the body folds- groins, between the buttocks, armpits, nostrils.

this will eliminate the bacteria and stop the recurrence of folliculitis.

Bactroban will require a prescription from your doctor.

if it still doesnt help, then the material from the boils will have to be sent for culture, sensitivity and antibiotic testing.

These measures will help to resolve your concern.

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Hope my recommendations are helpful.

Take care

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
OK so I'm currently having a mild breakout and I suspect its because I had sun exposure over these past 2 days. The area affected was exposed. I have had terrible breakouts before but never big spots they are always red bumps and some with white pus in. Not your typical period spots I can get on my chin/ cheeks. I do have oily skin and lolarge pores. It gets me down and my self confidence has dropped alot over the years. I've also recently been taking a supplement each day from the anti acne club which has helped a little but not as id have expected.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Did you receive the pictures?

This is definitely folliculitis but there seem to be associated acne.

I would recommend the above measures.

In addition you also need to apply Differin gel Daily at night.

These measures will help.

Take care