Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
Experience:  MD
23744323

I'm concerned about mycosis fungoides. I have had some red

I'm concerned about mycosis fungoides.I have had some red patches around my torso etc. for about six weeks. I was prescribed Eumovate ointment, which I used for two weeks and did seem to do a good job clearing up the patches. However since stopping the ointment for the past few days I've noticed the patches starting to come back. I also have a few little hypopigmented patches of skin around my torso, especially around my stomach and back. The ones on my back almost seem in little craters.I've attached pics of the rashes on my back prior to using Eumovate and the patches above my bum.Does any of this sound like T cell lymphoma?

Hi there,
I am an experienced Medical Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

They do not look like mycoses fungoides --however cannot be confirmed without a biopsy.

More likely eczema patches given scaly appearance.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
What do you think of the little pale patches I have? There are a few of them around, all about 1cm in diameter I suppose. Just a few little shapes, a couple on my stomach, a group above my buttock and one higher up my back.

Likely pityriasis alba related

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
My dermatologist did float the idea of a biopsy, but when I had a telephone follow up with him and said the ointment seemed to be clearing it he didn't mention it agian. Do you think I should push for a biopsy? Or just return to using steroid cream every couple days (which is what he said to do if it comes back)

YOu can wait on biopsy and continue with the ointment another 10-14 days

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
if it clears up again no biopsy required?

correct

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Okay thanks, ***** ***** as though they will clear when I use Eumovate, but then come back when I stop, but I'll use for another couple weeks and hope they don't return again

welcome