Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
Experience:  MD
23744323

I had botox in 3 areas on my face, forehead brow and crows

Customer Question

Hello, I had botox in 3 areas on my face, forehead brow and crows feet. Since then mine head and face has felt extremely heavy, tingling, and my scalp feels very irritated and tight especially on the top of my head. I had the botox over 14 days ago and I'm just wondering if it's normal to feel extemely tight, full feeling in my face and what is worrying me the most Is the strange sensation in my head and over the scalp, sometimes my head is burning and tingling, like pins and needles is this related?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 18 days ago.

Hi there,
I am an experienced Medical Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

These symptoms are expected with botox injections --they affect the local nerves and muscles.

May take 4-6 weeks to subside usually.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Is it normal over my scalp though it makes me feel un easy. I didn't have it on my scalp
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 18 days ago.

Yes still normal

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
OK
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 18 days ago.

ok

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 18 days ago.

welcome