Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Doctor
Experience:  Medical Specialist
111381268

I have really bad skin it’s clogged pored oily and very very

Customer Question

Hi I have really bad skin it’s clogged pored oily and very very dry I honestly don’t even know where to start with it
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Do you notice any redness or scaling?
Customer: I have been dealing with it for about a year or 2 now and yes a lot
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I’ve just started to quit smoking
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shahid Karim replied 20 days ago.

Hi, thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've had with your skin. Having skin that produces larger amounts of oil means pores can clog more easily. It's worth washing with a mild facewash twice a day and pat drying your face first of all. Apart from this I'd advise you to ask your GP for a prescription of 5% benzyl peroxide gel which is an excellent treatment at reducing the amount of oil that's made and should help a lot. I would try these together for a few months and if it helps but isn't enough you might want to talk to your doctor about the possibility of taking Accutane but while it's a very effective medication, it has quite a lot of possible side effects so more of a nuclear option. The first steps work almost all of the time though. I hope that helps. All the best.

Expert:  Shahid Karim replied 17 days ago.

A;; the best take care/.