Tim Brown
Tim Brown, GP
Experience:  GP in Sussex
108371854

My skin is very dry and very clogged pores also my acne is

Customer Question

My skin is very dry and very clogged pores also my acne is getting a little bad I’m looking for a good skin care routine and don’t know where to start could I possibly get some help with this?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 20 days ago.

Good evening, I am Dr Ruff, thank you for contacting us today.

Expert:  Tim Brown replied 20 days ago.

I am sorry to hear this. I see you are already in contact with two other experts. Have you not had an answer?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I have had an answer but it was two different answers I’m not sure what to go by
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 20 days ago.

I see. This is not uncommon as there is no right answer for this. Each clinician has their own opinion of what is better, but the reality it is trial and error as what works for you may not work for another.

I would personally stick with the one you feel is more suitable and try that first.

Please feel free to tell me the two options you have, rather than introduce a third option to confuse you further.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
The first one was use a 5% benzyl peroxide gel and a mild face wash twice a day and the second option was use cerave hydrating cleanser once a day, use the hyaluronic acid serum at night and noncomedogenic moisturizer in the morning. Aloe Vera gel was suggested to help Exfoliate once a week.
Increase water intake.
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 20 days ago.

Okay thanks. And would you mind providing a photo of your acne?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Im more struggling with the side of having really dry and oily skin and as you can see maybe but my pores are very deep around my nose also have quite bad bags under my eyes, I’m really just looking for a good routine that will help me feel more confident and help improve this
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 20 days ago.

Okay thanks, ***** ***** skin is in good condition. You therefore probably do not have to do much.

Try the Benzoyl Peroxide, this acts to dry the skin, therefore for oily skin this may work. This alone may be all you need and commonly the first option to try.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Thank you for your help
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 20 days ago.

That is my pleasure. I will find you a link as per the management of acne which may help with where you go from there if the peroxide doesn't help.

Expert:  Tim Brown replied 20 days ago.

https://patient.info/skin-conditions/acne-leaflet/acne-treatments

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Thank you that would really help
Expert:  Tim Brown replied 20 days ago.

That is my pleasure, I think best to avoid overcomplicating things, but indeed at some point it can feel like a confusing place knowing what to use.

All the best.