GauravMD
GauravMD, Dr
Experience:  MBBS, DCH, DNB (MD), with special interest in Dermatology
239748

I have black patches on my fore head and around eyes. And

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have black patches on my fore head and around eyes. And looking age. Apart from this I have back patch on my back of shoulder
JA: When did the patches first appear? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: which is very itchy on my back
JA: The Dermatologist will be able to answer that. Have you seen a dermatologist about the patches?
Customer: 2 years back when I travel to India, I consulted
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Dermatologist should know?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I’m Dr. Gupta. I’m a board-certified physician with over 20 years of experience and I will be assisting you today.
I can certainly appreciate your concern,
Give me a few minutes to respond. The website may generate an automatic call request, you can accept this OR choose to ignore it

I am sorry to hear about your persistent health problems,

Melasma is a common skin condition that affects the face and causes patchy, brown, tan or blue-gray spots on the face. It is one of several skin conditions that result in patches of discolored skin. Most people with melasma get dark patches on their cheeks, chin, nose bridge, forehead, and above the upper lip

According to the American Academy of Dermatology Association, these are some of the common treatments:

Topical treatments for melasma

Hydroquinone: This medicine is a common first treatment for melasma and works by lightening the skin. Hydroquinone comes as a cream, lotion, gel, or liquid and is applied to the skin.

Tretinoin and corticosteroids: Both of these help with lightening the color of the patches on the skin. They come in gels, creams and lotions.

Other topical (applied to the skin) medicines: Other topical treatments that may be prescribed to help lighten melasma include azelaic acid or kojic acid.

Procedures to treat melasma

If topical treatments do not get rid of melasma, your dermatologist may recommend a procedure to treat melasma. Procedures for melasma include a chemical peel, microdermabrasion, dermabrasion, laser treatment, or a light-based procedure.

You can read more here

https://www.franciscanhealth.org/community/blog/living-with-melasma-dark-patches-and-skin-discoloration

https://www.healthline.com/health/melasma

Warm regards & stay safe

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
could you also please suggest the black itchy patch on the back of my shoulder

Can you share some images of the same?
Use the clip icon to attach these,

Warm regards

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thank you will be waiting for your phone call.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
File attached (75V75LV)
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
send the pics

Get checked for Acanthosis Nigricans - FBS & Lipid Porfile

Topical treatments for melasma