Tim Brown
Tim Brown, GP
Experience:  GP in Sussex
108371854

Thanks and a good to you. I have this severe rash on my bum

Thanks and a good to you. I have this severe rash on my bum that itches like crazy. A few weeks ago a woke up from bed a felt like something had Bitten me. That area started itching and now it seems to have spread to create a raised swollen patch that constantly itches now I have it around my belly button area. I can send pictures if required. What do I do to heal it.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?
Customer: Its been over 2 weeks and the more I scratch the more it itches
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: It started in NigeriaI travel around a bit don't know if its bed bug or some sort of infection or eczema. It is also very embarrassing. I am now back in London and it still itches like hell. I've used different steroid creams and they have not worked

Thanks for using just answer

please send a picture of your rash

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
How do I do that? Do you have a whatsapp no

No, you are supposed to attach a picture to the site using the attach button otherwise you try a different internet browser

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Please call me on WhatsApp. This is my WhatsApp no
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I can't find where I can upload pictures
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
what do I do now

Good afternoon, I am Dr Ruff, are you able to email a photo of this please?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I can email you pictures. Kindly send me your email address. A whatsapp no would have been easier
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Still waiting for your email address

A WhatsApp number is ***** sorry, we have no other for this service.

please email***@******.***

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Just sent pictures to your email

Thanks. Have you used a fungal cream on this? What steroid have you used?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I have used all sorts. Fucibet cream, trocyd, clotrimazole and betamethasone dipropionate cream
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Lime juice and salt
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I don't even know if I was bitten by a bed bug insect or fly. Or is it from the water or eczema.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Or infection

It is odd that it hasn’t even responded to a steroid cream. For the steroids though it is twice daily for 2 weeks, the clotrimazole three times daily for 2 weeks. Have you given it the full amount of time to treat? A few days wouldn’t do much unfor

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
The Fucibet had worked well about 2 months ago When I was out of my home then when I returned a few days afterwards a new rash started again. I normally sleep naked on my bed that's why I suspect some sort of microscopic insect or bed bug bite or eggs in my skin. Please. Based on pictures I sent What do you think it looks like? I just started the clotrimazole about 3 days ago. Does it also help with jock itch

This does look fungal. I would try your steroid again but add in something like fluconazole tablet which you can buy from a pharmacy

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
OK I'll do so and come back to you. What do you think of the fucibet with fucidic acid and bethamethasone cream

I would go with fucibet

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Do I need prescription for fucibet

You would need a prescription for that, unfortunately we cannot prescribe via this site

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
What do I do don't have a GP here
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Can you recommend a Dermatologist in Golders Green NW11 8RG?

https://www.royalfreeprivatepatients.com/specialties/dermatology/

https://www.highgatehospital.co.uk/services/dermatology/

Here are a few options to try. You will find more independent clinics in central london

Tim Brown, GP
Experience: GP in Sussex
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Dr Hassan from the US also contacted me. He is Also excellent. I like your online service

That is very good to hear, thank you. All the best