Dermadoc
Dermadoc, Board Certified Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, DNB DERMATOLOGY
19010125

Looking to speak to a dermatologist, no, no medication, no,

looking to speak to a dermatologist
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: no, no medication
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: just looking for general information on where to start with my skin care routine
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Kruti , I am a specialist in the field and I will be happy to help.

I am sorry to hear about your concern and I would try my best to allay your worries.

I will be glad to assist you today and will try my best to give you an answer that is helpful.

The answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

I would like to inform that we are not allowed to prescribe any medications on the site , I can surely give you my recommendations about your concern.

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:-

Usually skin conditions are best diagnosed if its possible to see them , so it gives me a clearer picture of what the problem is. Hence I would like to request you to please send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?

Please send a picture in jpeg/jpg or png format. You can send it as an attachment here, using the paper clip sign on the toolbar , just above the space where we are typing or using the add files next to the send button. Or alternatively you can upload them on google photos and send me the link.

In case, its not possible for you to send a picture, I can understand, please do let me know. I will surely try to still help you out.

Thanks. Regards

Dr. Kruti

Hello.

thanks for your query

I will be glad to assist you for all the queries you may have.

If you could give me a few more details regarding your concern, it will be very helpful.

Till then I am providing you with details regarding a good skin care routine.

you need to follow a routine of cleansing, toning, moisturizing and sunscreen , creams daily for a good skin care routine. cleanse your face with cetaphil cleansing lotion thrice daily.

Facewash has to be thrice a day. Once in the morning. Once at night. Once in the evening. With every Facewash you need to tone your skin.

Moisturizing with a light moisturizer will be better for u since you are getting mild acne. A day cream from Neutrogena would be good.

sunscreen needs to be used daily , neutrogena would be a good choice. A sun screen when once applied lasts for only 4 hrs. Hence it has to be repeated. You need to apply it atleast thrice a day..

A sunscreen has to be applied over the moisturizer. It has to be the last layer on your face.

Applying a vitamin C serum at night will keep the skin healthy. Loreal or Vichy is a good brand.

These measures will ensure a good healthy skin.

These are my suggestions, I hope they really help to address your concern. Please let me know if you have any queries. I will be happy to answer them , till you get an answer to all your queries.

Hope my recommendations are helpful.

Take care

Warm Regards

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hello, thank you for your reply.
I have attached some photos so you can see the problem areas I am trying to address.A - i get spots along my neck and jaw mainly just before my monthly period.B - general spots are across my cheeks and around my mouth, what could be causing these? I understand that spots in different areas are caused by different issues. I believe the spots on my cheeks are probably due to poor cleansing as i notice them more when i wear makeup, but the ones at the sides of my mouth I feel like are more related to stress.C - I have very large pores espeically around my T zone. I assume this is genetic as my mother has the same, but is tgere any way i can reduce the size of these pores and keep them cleaner as I do wear foundation (makeup) most days.D - only the top of my forehead tans - and I hardly ever get spots there. Is this because the skin there is different, or perhaps because I dont put foundation there? How can I try to even out my skintone & do I need to be in the sun more?E - I am getting wrinkles across my forehead, what can I do to reduce this? I am not keen to use many chemical products but I have seen massages & similar suggested to increase bloodflow to the areas with wrinkles.F - my eyebrows are very patchy and thin. I think this is heredetary. Is there any way to Increase hair growth (number of hairs)?G - i have dark areas under my eyes most days. Tgis doesn't seem to improve with increased sleep. Could something else be causing this?I believe I live a relatively Healthy lifestyle with Intense excercise 2-3 times a week and Generally organic diet, although I do eat high sugar foods like chocolate and sweets often. I also think I should probably drink more water and less caffeinated drinks. How much is my skin affected by this?I also get spots on my upper back but I believe that is more hormonal, but apart from that my skin elsewhere is generally good.My current cleansing routine involves washing with St Ives face soap Stick with manuka honey and apricot, and moisturising with any moisturiser (usually hand moisturiser or a slightly tanning body moisturiser). I do this once a day before I go to bed. I dont usually use a makeup remover as the soap seems to work ok, but if i have been wearing heavy makeup sometimes I wash my face with the soap twice.Thank you in advance for all your advice. I am looking for a routine that is not too expensive or hard to keep up with. The more organic/natural products I can use the better (like aloe vera or natural oils) and any diet change recommendations are welcome.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
File attached (S3VL51S)
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
File attached (726Z5PM)
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
File attached (26Q51Z6)
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
File attached (2SLZ56L)
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
File attached (6V3M1ZS)
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
File attached (56337VL)
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
File attached (TQQ1723)

thanks for the pictures. Please allow me to answer shortly

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
ok thank you

thanks for your patience.

I reviewed the pictures. You have active acne, pigmentation following acne and scarring. I am giving my recommendations as to how would it be possible to get things under control.

Treatment of acne would be creams and daily skin care routine which further helps in acne.

I would recommend the following:-

Creams would be :-

Application of benzoyl peroxide 2.5% gel once a day in the morning on the Pimples.

Application of Glycolic acid cream (L'oreal) cream on full face in the evening

Application of Adapalene gel at night for 2 hrs. start with it for 2 hours and then gradually increase the time interval to keep it overnight.

All the applications will have to be done for 6 - 8 weeks.

you need to follow a routine of cleansing, sunscreen , creams daily.

cleanse your face with cetaphil cleansing lotion for acne prone skin twice daily. also neutrogena deep clean facewash to be used once daily.

Facewash has to be thrice a day. Once in the morning. Once at night. Once in the evening.

Moisturizing with a light moisturizer will be better for u. Neutrogena oil free moisturizer is a good option.

sunscreen needs to be used daily , neutrogena would be a good choice.

A sun screen when once applied lasts for only 4 hrs. Hence it has to be repeated. You need to apply it atleast thrice a day.

In case the above measures do not help, then you would require Oral medication, which will be either oral antibiotics or Isotretinoin. But it will require a prescription from your doctor. Hence whenever that is possible, that would be the ideal treatment. But in the current situation, it may not be easy to get an appointment.

These measures will help to clear off the red marks that follow the acne, that is the natural history how acne progresses.

It would be the best to not break your acne, as that can leave marks which are difficult to treat.

Scarring means loss of supporting tissues of the skin. these tissues need to be regenerated , the method to do that would be ideally with a procedure, because creams will not be able to regenerate.

your skin is scarring because that is the natural history of how acne progresses and then resolves.

this is how it resolves.

this will ensure treatment of the scars permanently.

1. subcision is a method used to treat deep rolling scars left behind by acne.

the process involves separating the skin tissue in the affected area from the deeper scar tissue.

its done with the help of special needles inserted in the skin under topical or local anaesthesia.

2. DERMAROLLER is used for treating Acne Scars,
its an instrument with small sharp microneedles which act on acne scars.

if your dermatologist does these procedures, he can do them for you.

they cause transient redness for a day and then you can go back to work, you could get it done on the weekend. its an office procedure which takes around 30 minutes.

3. pixel laser which will clear the scars in 4-6 sittings. done with the help of a laser machine.

it will take a while but surely everything will clear up.

Also you can apply contractubex cream on them daily to help with the scars after about 6 weeks of treatment for acne. But it has limited efficacy in treatment of scars.

I thought of giving you information about all available procedures.

hope this answer was useful. please let me know if you have any queries.

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Take care

Dermadoc, Board Certified Dermatologist
Experience: MBBS, DNB DERMATOLOGY