Khizra Naz
Khizra Naz, GP
Experience:  GP training at St helens and knowsely trust (Acute Worcestershire Hospital Trust, Ul
108331350

I think I have pustular psoriasis, I have had hard,

Customer Question

Hello, I think I have pustular psoriasis, I have had hard, occasionally sore pustules appearing on the sides and soles of my feet for around a month, this has now started on my hand. I read that this could be to do with recently quitting smoking. But I'm concerned that what's flaring this up is the fact that I have started vaping, which has given me other symptoms such as pain in my kidney area. What can I do to manage the pustular psoriasis or ideally, get rid of it?
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: I began smoking cessation about 5 months ago, I still smoke occasionally but usually i use a vape now that seems to be affecting my health negatively
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I am overweight, but not had any health issues before quitting smoking
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Khizra Naz replied 12 days ago.

Hello My name is***** will try my best to help you today

Can you send me a picture of this? What have you tried for this as of now?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hello Dr Naz , yes I'll send a picture now. So far I haven't really used anything other than keeping them moisturised as they were getting dry, but it does appear to be getting worse and the pustules larger,
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
File attached (PM47P3Q)

Is it only on the feet or there is anywhere else as well?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Just on my left foot, though I have noticed today a tiny amount on the right palm of my hand

Can you send me the picture of hand pustules as well.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
These are very mild and small and have only appeared today

Yes, it can be pustular psoriasis, but I would advise a visit to GP for this, so they can have a look at it. You would need medications for this including emollients and topical steroids as well. There is nothing to worry about, THis is absolutely managable thing