Khizra Naz
Khizra Naz, GP
Experience:  GP training at St helens and knowsely trust (Acute Worcestershire Hospital Trust, Ul
108331350

I have a large red pimple on my stomach that has slightly

Customer Question

Hello , I have a large red pimple on my stomach that has slightly turned to purple,its very painful to touch . I have a history of Lipoma ,but this looks nothing like one🥲
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?
Customer: 3/4 days , when I am in the shower ,the pimple immediately grows to a much bigger size 🤷🏻‍♀️ So that makes it worse although it settles quickly when Im out
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i have a history of Lipoma but this looks nothing like it
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Khizra Naz replied 8 days ago.

Hello My name is***** will try my best to help you today.

Expert:  Khizra Naz replied 8 days ago.

Send me a picture of this please?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
File attached (T3TZ356)
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Has been there for 3/4 days and its getting better but just want to find out what it is
Expert:  Khizra Naz replied 8 days ago.

THis is not a lipoma, this pustule, can be secondary to anything. I would advise to use fusidc acid for this and it will resolve in a week. Don't fiddle with it.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Will do ,but what is it caused by? I also read online that if it is painful ,it may be dangerous? Is this true as its quite painful when I touch it
Expert:  Khizra Naz replied 8 days ago.
No, this is a pustule and can be caused by blocked sweat glands