Dermadoc
Dermadoc, Board Certified Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, DNB DERMATOLOGY
19010125

I have a skin allergy on my palms but I don’t know why, Yes

Customer Question

Hi I have a skin allergy on my palms but I don’t know why
JA: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?
Customer: Yes my Palms have been itching for the past week and it gets swollen when I scratch, now it also has tiny little bumps, it isn’t that visible but I can see the bumps. Now my feet are also starting to itch.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don’t have any food allergy and I have cleaned out my room so I don’t know why I am having this issue.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dermadoc replied 16 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Kruti , I am a specialist in the field and I will be happy to help.

I am sorry to hear about your concern and I would try my best to allay your worries.

I will be glad to assist you today and will try my best to give you an answer that is helpful.

The answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

I would like to inform that we are not allowed to prescribe any medications on the site , I can surely give you my recommendations about your concern.

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:-

Usually skin conditions are best diagnosed if its possible to see them , so it gives me a clearer picture of what the problem is. Hence I would like to request you to please send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?

Please send a picture in jpeg/jpg or png format. You can send it as an attachment here, using the paper clip sign on the toolbar , just above the space where we are typing or using the add files next to the send button. Or alternatively you can upload them on google photos and send me the link.

In case, its not possible for you to send a picture, I can understand, please do let me know. I will surely try to still help you out.

Thanks. Regards

Dr. Kruti

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
File attached (ZTT11LL)
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
File attached (Q1Z1QVM)
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
File attached (Z1765MV)
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
File attached (SP325ZG)
Expert:  Dermadoc replied 16 days ago.

hello

Thanks for the information and pictures.

please allow me 10- 15 mins to type down my recommendations, so that I could help you in the best possible way.

Expert:  Dermadoc replied 16 days ago.

hello,
Thanks for the information.
you seem to be having this condition called pompholyx.
Its referred to as eczema. The condition can be controlled with the help of creams but it cannot be eliminated completely.

the boils are hard as sago grain. also there may be associated increased sweating of the palms in some people.

the treatment would be application of steroid cream like cortisone cream twice a day for 15 days over the palms and
oral antihistaminic tablet like tab. Allegra 180 mg once a day will help you out with the itching, if any.

These are available over the counter.
these measures should help with the resolution of the bumps.

so that they do not recur, I would advise application of Elidel cream twice a day on the fingers for a month.

This will require a prescription from your doctor.

These are my suggestions, I hope they really help to address your concern. Please let me know if you have any queries. I will be happy to answer them , till you get an answer to all your queries.

Hope my recommendations are helpful.

Take care

Warm Regards