Dermadoc
Dermadoc, Board Certified Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, DNB DERMATOLOGY
19010125

I have had what seems to be eczema on my face for 3 months

I have had what seems to be eczema on my face for 3 months and the only thing that keeps it at bay is steroid cream, I’m worried about using this constantly. Francien
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?
Customer: It started about 3 months ago. I also have a patch of red about the size of a 1”
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: 10 penny piece on my jaw line

Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Kruti , I am a specialist in the field and I will be happy to help.

I am sorry to hear about your concern and I would try my best to allay your worries.

I will be glad to assist you today and will try my best to give you an answer that is helpful.

The answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

I would like to inform that we are not allowed to prescribe any medications on the site , I can surely give you my recommendations about your concern.

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:-

Usually skin conditions are best diagnosed if its possible to see them , so it gives me a clearer picture of what the problem is. Hence I would like to request you to please send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?

Please send a picture in jpeg/jpg or png format. You can send it as an attachment here, using the paper clip sign on the toolbar , just above the space where we are typing or using the add files next to the send button. Or alternatively you can upload them on google photos and send me the link.

In case, its not possible for you to send a picture, I can understand, please do let me know. I will surely try to still help you out.

Thanks. Regards

Dr. Kruti

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
The first picture is what I think eczema although I have been treating with steroid cream. The second picture is a large red mark on my jawline.

hello

Thanks for the information and pictures.

please allow me 10- 15 mins to type down my recommendations, so that I could help you in the best possible way.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you I have tried so many products many cause a flare up. I can use a product called bioskin applying liberally but after 3 days using that I have to apply steroid cream again.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Have you thought of a response yet please.

Sorry for the delay

Please allow me 5 minutes

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No worries

thanks for your query. I can understand your worry.

You seem to be having nummular eczema. But it will eventually clear up with appropriate treatment.

However, it will take time.

nummular eczema will go away with appropriate topical application of creams.
for nummular dermatitis , there will not be a necessity to take oral medications other than the antihistaminics to relieve the itching.

I would advise the application of elidel cream twice a day for 6 weeks. It will require a prescription from your doctor. It is a non steroidal cream and is free from any side effects.

Also I would recommend taking Tab. Claritin 5 mg once a day for a week to help with the allergic process.

The tablet and the cream are available over the counter.

Also I would recommend Aveeno moisturizing lotion thrice a day.

Also Restoraderm body wash for bathing

In case it does not show signs of improvement with the above measures after a week,

These are my suggestions, I hope they really help to address your concern.

Please let me know if you have any queries. I will be happy to answer them , till you get an answer to all your queries.

Hope my recommendations are helpful.

Take care

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you I will acquire those product. I have been taking antihistamine though it helps a little. I hope this helps I love makeup and looking nice this as been a blight to my spirit. I have always looked after my skin so this is upsetting. I have even tried taking things like dairy out of my diet. So fingers crossed

You are welcome. Take care.

Wishing a speedy resolution of your concern. I will be glad to assist you in case you have any queries.

Have a great day.

Dr. Kruti

You are welcome. Take care.

Have a great day.

Dr. Kruti

You are welcome. Take care.

Have a great day.

Dr. Kruti