Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have developed a rash on my rt and lt leg also my rt arm

Hi I have developed a rash on my rt and lt leg also my rt arm and a small patch to my tummy it is quite itchy I am taking piriton which helps a bit
JA: When did the rash first appear? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: I've had the rash about 13 days initially it wasn't itchy but has become worse over the last 7 days, I recently had a new knee on the 4/5/21 rt knee.
JA: Got it. Have you seen a dermatologist about the rash?
Customer: no not yet Im in the process of registering with a new go, and unable to get an appointment to see a dermatologist for 7 weeks
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Dermatologist should know?
Customer: I don't think so.

Hi there,
I am an experienced Medical Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
Please post a pic of the concerned area to provide your with precise diagnosis and treatment plan.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi this is a picture of both my legs.

They look like keratosis pilaris related rash --inflamed.

Benign condition.

Excess keratin deposition in the sweat glands causes this rash.

Over the counter Hydrocortisone 1% ointment can be tried meanwhile 3 times daily for 10 days to control inflammation.

You should use Benzoyl peroxide 5% cream daily over the areas to unclog the pores.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you for that I will try the ointments also is it safe to go swimming whilst the condition is present.

Yes safe to swim.

Best wishes