Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have had a terrible rash around my eyes for about 8 weeks

Hi I have had a terrible rash around my eyes for about 8 weeks now and anti histamines are not working
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: it was ok, I have an emergency appointment with the ophthalmologist around 4 weeks ago and they said it was fine they just looked dry inside
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I had Graves’ disease and idiopathic intercranial hypertension some time ago and was dormant. My thyroids are slightly over active at the moment

Hi there,
I am an experienced Medical Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
Please post a pic of the concerned area to provide your with precise diagnosis and treatment plan.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
They feel like they are burning or been stung by nettles, very dry eyes, not itchy or watery. It seems to have spread in the last 8 weeks since it started. Was given anti histamines which haven’t done much. No tears and even when there is a little it burns. Any creams burns. Diprobase is applied only to soften it. Not any gunk or stickiness. Does flare up and settle randomly

This is severe contact dermatitis of the eye lid area.

You will need topical steroid therapy.

Over the counter Hydrocortisone 1% ointment can be tried twice daily initially for 10 days.

In more resistant cases, we recommend prescription low potency steroid like Fluocinolone 0.01% cream by prescription.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you for your response, is there a reason that causes this so I can try to avoid it?

Environmental allergies common --cosmetic product, soap, detergent.

Allergy testing can be considered to identify the trigger.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** look into that

welcome