Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have a rash between my and it’s dry thick and scaly, Iv

I have a rash between my boobs and it’s dry thick and scaly
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Iv tried trimovate cream, and hydrocortisone, been there 2 weeks now not getting any better
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: not sure

Hi there,
I am an experienced Medical Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
Please post a pic of the concerned area to provide your with precise diagnosis and treatment plan.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hey

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
File attached (Z17Z565)

This is lichen simplex chronicus from chronic eczema.

You need to use topical steroid ointment --prescription Clobetasol propionate ointment 0.05% twice daily for 3-4 weeks will be better.

But needs prescription from your doctor.

Over the counter Hydrocortisone 1% ointment can be tried meanwhile 3 times daily for 10 days.

Please use Petrolatum jelly twice daily to prevent dryness.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
What is lichen simplex

Lichen simplex chronicus (LSC) is a localized, well-circumscribed area of thickened skin (lichenification) resulting from repeated rubbing, itching, and scratching of the skin. It can occur on normal skin of individuals with atopic, seborrheic, contact dermatitis, or psoriasis.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
because I had a rash there and it was itchy, i have caused my skin to go like this? X

correct

But if you treat the way I suggested above with prescription cream you will see complete improvement.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thankyou, I will contact my doctor tomorrow, as they didn’t know what it was

welcome