ravikumarr
ravikumarr,
Experience:  Expert
111548138

I gave birth 10 weeks ago. My lips have been really dry ever

Customer Question

I gave birth 10 weeks ago. My lips have been really dry ever since I was discharged from the hospital. I have been drinking enough water. For the past month I have been having issues with very dry burning lips like sandpaper, discolouration of lips and peeling skin on my lips. It peels every few days. If I don’t moisturise the skin becomes hard and it’s becomes soft and hanging after a bath. It’s not parts of my lips but the whole bot***** *****p peeling skin and the bottom of my top lip.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Do you notice any redness or scaling?
Customer: A lot of scaling. For about a month
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i am on Multivitamins and vit B complex which I started using a weeks ago. No underlying illness
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  ravikumarr replied 13 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer,  will be happy to help.I am sorry to hear about your concern. I will try my best to give you suggestions that help your concern. The answer does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic. Kindly be  informed that we are not allowed to prescribe any medications on the site ,NOTE - All phone call requests are auto-generated and you may ignore these requests. Communicating through text chat is just fine with me. I can surely give you my recommendations about your concern.NOTE - phone call requests are auto-generated. Please ignore these requests if you have not requested.

Was pregnancy normal? Anybody thyroid problems? Are you passing urine a lot? Are you breadt feeding?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I am breastfeeding but no thyroid problems. Pregnancy was normal. Baby was induced at 40weeks and 7 days. I do have hormonal related rosacea which was minor but became aggravated in pregnancy. I didn’t use anything through the pregnancy for it. My skin is very oily.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I prefer the chat for now as am busy with a crying baby.

Please have your thyroid checked as underactive thyroid is nor uncommon after pregnancy.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Do thyroid issues lead to excessive peeling of lips?

Can cause dry skin. Sometimes it could be simple dehydration as you are breast feeding.  Ensure you keep yourself well hydrated.