RickD810
RickD810, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Expert
109813799

I have developed a headless cyst on my face (left cheek) the

Customer Question

Hello I have developed a headless cyst on my face (left cheek) the pressure kept building up after days and yesterday I had decided to poke it with a needle to release some pressure and I got a little bit out however I noticed that a lot is still in there much deeper than I I could poke with a needle. Now today morning I have discovered that the area has turned black and I am getting concerned. I am familiar with my skin easily developing dark melanin spots after trauma but I am not sure if it is the same and I can still feel pressure
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?
Customer: I have a fair amount of trouble with Pimples and acne on my face however lately the bigger issue is the hyperpigmentation caused by previous pimple trauma
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I would really like to know how to fix hyperpigmentation caused by trauma on my face and what I should do about the blind cyst on my cheek which since yesterday has now also developed trauma with beginning signs of hyperpigmentation. Thank you very much.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  RickD810 replied 6 days ago.

Hello My name is***** am pleased to meet you. Can you can let me know of your problem and I will see if I can assist.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I have a blind pimple/cyst on my left face cheek and after days of pressure buildup I have decided to release it by poking it with a needle. Today morning I have discovered it turned black. And there is still a lot in it deeper
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I would prefer to continue texting rather than calling
Expert:  RickD810 replied 6 days ago.

ignore the call splease

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Is there any way you can help me?
Expert:  RickD810 replied 6 days ago.

Can you send me pics please?

Expert:  RickD810 replied 6 days ago.

??

Expert:  RickD810 replied 6 days ago.

I have tried to contact you but you have not responded. I would advise that you try to get hold of your GP or try your local Urgent Care Centre for assistance. Many thanks