Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have acne on my chest and back that seems to just be

I have acne on my chest and back that seems to just be getting worse no matter what I do. I'm currently using benzoyl peroxide. I'm 36 and female
JA: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: My health is ok. No issues. The only changes I can think of are I have put on about 20 lb in the last 2 years and the only other changes are I have changed from the copper contraceptive coil to the hormonal to none. I felt like it was the hormonal coil that made it worse but there has been no improvement since coming off it
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No thats everything thanks

Hi there,
I am an experienced Medical Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
Please post a pic of the concerned area to provide your with precise diagnosis and treatment plan.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
File attached (772734T)
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I have been using tretinoin on my face only

What is the response from it?

Also do you have regular period?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
My face woth tretinoin has maybe improved slightly but the benzyl peroxide on my chest and back doesn't help. Yes I have regular period. I do think the acne is worse before my period

This is actually hormonal acne.

Likely due to excess testosterone effect on skin.

Tretinoin A 0.1% ( higher strength) should be applied daily on both face and chest back for at least 3 months.

Oral medication Spironolactone 100 mg daily by prescription in addition will help you a lot to clear up skin faster in 3 months.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok thank you

welcome