Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

I have eczema and have had eczema/ eczema scarring for over

Hi I have eczema and have had eczema/ eczema scarring for over 10 years around my mouth I think it’s caused by use of many steroid creams what would you recommend to help improve it
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I’ve had eczema since I was a baby so have kinda given up attempting to get rid of it the only medications I take is chlorphenamine and salbutamol i sometimes use emouvate to help the eczema on my arms
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: i have allergies so this can aggravate it or when my skin is overly dry but I’ve had a dark patch around my mouth since I was 1 from eczema
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no I think that’s all

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 16 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital.

Skin conditions are always best diagnosed and treated after seeing them directly. May I request you to upload some images please.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
File attached (4MTP6VP)
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
File attached (LL2GLSG)
Please hold on
Hi...I understand your concern.
This looks like scars due to friction injury.
Usually I have advised this OTC scar cream to may of my patients and have got very good result.
May I suggest you to apply this cream thrice a day for 3 months and I feel that you feel a lot better and get good results.
You can buy it online here -
https://www.mederma.com/mederma-scar-cream-plus-spf-30/I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you today!
Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thankyou so much do you know if a medication such as elidel would help
It is a calcineurin inhibitor and has got questionable value here and it is not over the counter.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thankyou someone suggested it but I was unsure, is there anything else you’d recommend
Please try the link which I have sent and you will get good results in all probabilities.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thankyou
I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you and put your mind at ease.In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thankyou sorry I was just asking do you not think my scarring is due to eczema

That is not predictable after so many years please. I should take your word on it. But the management of the scar does not matter.