Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

Can I get an urgent consultation right now, No medications -

Hi Can I get an urgent consultation right now
JA: What are all your symptoms? Are you taking any medication?
Customer: No medications - both arms, chest has lots of boils
JA: Got it. Have you seen a dermatologist about the boils?
Customer: yes
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Dermatologist should know?
Customer: she is 15 and needs urgent help

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 16 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital.

Skin conditions are always best diagnosed and treated after seeing them directly. May I request you to upload some images please.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Please let me know what health issue is and if I can do justice I will accept the phone call.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
File attached (5S2QQM3)
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
File attached (Z777Q6S)
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Please can you review these and let me have a prescription if possible --I can send you more pictures please let me know

I want you to know that we do not offer prescription service of any kind, including prescription refills or referrals. While we can't help with prescriptions, we may be able to offer alternative ideas, as well as answer any questions you may have. Please let me know if you want to continue.

I can tell you what it is and how to treat it. But cannot give a prescription. Do you still want me to call.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
call pls

Thank you for uploading the image for my better understanding.

This looks like scabies please.

You need prescription medication for this.

Your doctor or nurse can give you a prescription for a medicine that kills the mites that cause scabies. A medicine that is often used is Permethrin (Elimite, Acticin).

It comes in a cream or lotion that you put on your skin. You must use the medicine exactly how the doctor or nurse tells you to. Otherwise it might not work.

A medicine that comes in a pill, called Ivermectin also cures scabies. You need a prescription for this medicine.

If you are being treated for scabies, the doctor or nurse will probably want the people who live with you to be treated, too. They might be carrying the mite that causes scabies, even if they have no symptoms.

MOST IMPORTANT TO PREVENT RECURRENCE AND ACHIEVE ERADICATION:

1. When you start treatment, wash all the clothes you and others in your home wore in the last 4 to 5 days in hot water. Then dry them in a dryer on high heat.

2. You should also wash any bedclothes (sheets and blankets) or towels people in your home have touched.

3. If your child is getting treated, wash his or her stuffed animals, too.

4. Dry-cleaning will also get rid of the scabies mite.

5. Any bedding, clothing, or towels that you cannot wash or dry-clean should be placed in a sealed plastic bag for at least 3 days.

6. Scabies mites usually die without contact with human skin after a few days.

Please look in to these newer therapies and also discuss these with your physician.

Insect growth regulators - Fluazuron is a compound used to control the growth of several animal ticks and fleas. It blocks the synthesis of chitin, the major constituent of the exoskeleton of arthropods such as scabies.

Natural products - Tea tree oil derives from the plant Melaleuca alternifolia. It is routinely used as an adjunct therapy for scabies.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you today!

Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you.

In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you Dr this makes sence

I wish her early recovery.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Dr is there any home remedy ?what are the causes

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok but she is worrying too much so apart from this what she should u to bathe or wash?

Regular bath is fine.