Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
Experience:  30 years of primary care medicine
19706630

Mole. Is it healthy?

Mole. Is it healthy?
Hi. I’m Dr. Mark. I’m a board certified physician and happy to assist you. How long have you had this mole? Has it changed in any way recently?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I've had it for 20 years at least. I think it's always been this size.
It looks benign. Worrisome signs, which you don’t have, are an irregular shape, multiple colors, very large, recent changes in size color or shape, and irregular borders. Everything that I see in the picture suggests this is a benign mole.
I always tell everyone that looking at a picture isn’t the best way to evaluate a mole. An in person exam with a dermatoscope is the ideal way. So while it looks totally benign and of no concern, have you family doctor take a look.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I've had a fatty lymph node under my Jaw for at least a year (probably longer) and got a little worried. Doctor says the lymph node is fatty.
You’re welcome. That lymph node sounds benign and of no concern.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.