ravikumarr
ravikumarr,
Experience:  Expert
111548138

I'd like to speak to someone about my hormonal acne, I've

Customer Question

I'd like to speak to someone about my hormonal acne
JA: When did acne first appear? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: I've had the latest flare up for around 4 months - I have been using a cream and antibiotics but it's not helping
JA: Got it. Have you seen a dermatologist about acne?
Customer: No
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Dermatologist should know?
Customer: I have also taken a specific contraceptive pill Diane 35 in the past for my acne but this isn't helping either now
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  ravikumarr replied 16 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer,  will be happy to help.I am sorry to hear about your concern. I will try my best to give you suggestions that help your concern. The answer does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic. Kindly be  informed that we are not allowed to prescribe any medications on the site ,NOTE - All phone call requests are auto-generated and you may ignore these requests. Communicating through text chat is just fine with me. I can surely give you my recommendations about your concern.NOTE - phone call requests are auto-generated. Please ignore these requests if you have not requested.

I am an endocrinologist.  How are your periods ? Are they regular?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
they are regular I've never had any issues with my menstrual cycle
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I'm happy to chat here

Have you had your thyroid harmones checked ?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No I've never had my thyroid checked

Does the acne worsen during particular times?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
It's just been really bad all the time recently - I haven't noticed it get worse or better at different times of the month

Acne treatment can be challenging. If topical treatment is not working along with good skin care, then systemic treatment can be tried. But it is transgenic and one should be careful with pregnancy as it can be harmful to the baby if you become pregnant.

It has to be prescribed.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
ok, thanks is it best to have a consultation with a dermatologist?

That shouldn't be ideal as the lesions should be seen and medications prescribed (oral medications)