Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have 2 areas of skin I would like checked please I have

Hi I have 2 areas of skin I would like checked please I have had the one nearly 2 years now on the back of my shoulder and I am not sure if it’s something that was there before or during my pregnancy back in 2019 & the other is on my leg that has only been there a few months I am not sure if it’s an ingrown hair
JA: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?
Customer: nothing no I just seem quite spotty on my back & I seem to be getting more skin tags around my neck not sure if this is hormone or pill related
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Hi there,
I am an experienced Medical Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
Please post a pic of the concerned area to provide your with precise diagnosis and treatment plan.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank you so the pic of my leg and also the one on my shoulder it’s the middle line looking area I am looking into the spot above and below are insect bites. I do have health anxiety so I am regularly scanning my skin for changes I don’t feel these have changed just want to make sure they are nothing bad

They are scar tissue lumps can form due to hormone influence.

Dermatofibroma is the condition --harmless.

Can be treated with retinoid therapy.

Tretinoin A 0.1% cream daily over these bumps for 10-12 weeks

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Okay would that also explain more skin tags on my neck if it’s hormone related with my skin? I think I was just worried they were cancerous

Yes that too

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Okay thank you for your help today you have given me lots of reassurance thank you

welcome