Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
Experience:  MD
23744323

I suffer with boils in the groin area. I am on a course of

Customer Question

Hi there. I suffer with boils in the groin area. I am on a course of lymecyclibe
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: lymecycline so far for two weeks which has cleared the infection somewhat. But I have huge lumps under the skin and they feel kike hard scarring tissue
JA: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?
Customer: i have been to the doctor many times in the past. Always given fluclox or Amox. Lymecycline treats the infection but the lumps are always still there. They are firm
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Don’t think so how much is the cost of connecting to the doc
JA: The Expert's answer will cost $10 to $100, depending on the issue type and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.
Customer: ok let’s see the price structure - thanks x
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 18 days ago.

They may take a while to improve.

But following treatment can be tried to expedite.

You can try the following over the counter treatment option:

1. Salicylic acid 10% peel daily in daytime for 6 weeks--to cleanse the pores.

and

2. Adapalene 0.1% gel daily at bedtime for 6 weeks at least --helps to regenerate healthy skin and control inflammation.