GauravMD
GauravMD, Dr
Experience:  MBBS, DCH, DNB (MD), with special interest in Dermatology
239748

Six months ago, I experience suddenly redness, spots and

Customer Question

Six months ago, I experience suddenly redness, spots and irritation in the head of my penis (and another areas too), with rush and discomfort. On those days I had the washing machine broken and I did my laundry by hand, so I think the contact with powder no completely rinsed it was the cause of the irritation in my skin. After contact the STD Walk in of St. Mary Hospital by phone and send photos of my penis the said I have balanitis and told me to take Canesten cream for 10 days what I did and in the beginning worked out but after the redness and discomfort came back. I called again and the told me to take the anti trust pill what apparently worked out but then the redness came back so I went to see my GP. It was 16 of July, GP and he told me to use DAKTACORT cream for one month or two, twice a day and keep using it for 2 weeks after all the redness and spots disappeared. It is almost 2 months now using the cream and I still feel discomfort on my penis and even if it is no so bad I don't see the area completely normal. On the specifications of the cream said "no use for more than 7 days" and "dont use on genital area unless your doctor has told you" On this point I don't see the cream is working and I am concern for the secondary effects, even if my GP say it will be very mild. Please a need some kind of orientation on this long problem. Thanks.
JA: How long have you been using Canesten? Any improvements so far?
Customer: I have been using canesteen twice for 14 days, on the beggining worked out but when I stopped redness and irritation came back
JA: Got it. Have you used anything besides Canesten for this?
Customer: the pill of canesteen and now DAKTACORT for almost 2 months
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Dermatologist should know?
Customer: I am ok, Two months ago I had a blood test and no diabetes, I am ok
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  GauravMD replied 18 days ago.

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. Thank you for your question. I’m Dr. Gupta and I can help you today. I'll be back in a moment with my reply!

Expert:  GauravMD replied 18 days ago.

I can appreciate your concern,

Certainly, Daktacort is a very mild cream, but I would agree that over 2 months of use is still not recommended in the genital area,

I would recommend trying to get a doctor to physically see this to get proper treatment,

In the meantime, regular change of underwear, earing loose cotton underwear, avoiding sweating etc. will help,

Please consider taking high dose Vit D to have blood levels in the range of 50 to 100 n/ ml, this translates to around 10,000 IU per day for most people, please confirm this by Vit D blood level testing as well,
Also, try a high dose probiotic supplement like VISBIOME or VSL 3, these should be taken in the range of 500 billion CFU per day.
Take these for at least a couple of months, you may see a marked difference in your health problems,
Warm regards & stay safe

Warm regards