Ask a Dermatology Question, Get an Answer ASAP!
Welcome to justanswer.com
I am Dr. M.D.Mazumdar, an MD with more than 20 years experience and I am happy to help you today.
I’m sorry to hear about your problem.
Please provide some more information so that I can provide you with a better informed answer.
-How old are you?
- Please post a picture of the affected area.
Please wait while I review the images.
Please take the following steps and see if they help:
- Please apply a hot pack (towel squeezed out in hot water) for 4-5 minutes twice a day.
- Apply a facial scrub over the area when you shower - it will help remove dead cells and allow the hair to clear the hair shaft.
- Apply Hydrocortisone ointment twice daily to reduce the inflammation - very often is the swelling around the follicle which is preventing the hair from growing out.
- Use Differin gel ( Adapalene) every night to exfoliate the skin around that area.
- Take a Vitamin C supplement 500 mg daily.
If it is still present after 2 weeks, please consult a dermatologist for prescription strength medicines.