Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD
Experience:  MBBS.MD
1725470

I suffer from ingrown hairs on my face (along the jawline)

Customer Question

I suffer from ingrown hairs on my face (along the jawline) and neck causing irritation, sweeling and scarring
JA: When did ingrown hairs first appear? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: I've had this longer than 8 years now and it has gotten progressively worse. I haven't used and prescribed medication for it.
JA: Got it. Have you seen a dermatologist about ingrown hairs?
Customer: I haven't
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Dermatologist should know?
Customer: Maybe that the irritation tends to flare up when I am menstruating
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar replied 12 days ago.

Welcome to justanswer.com

I am Dr. M.D.Mazumdar, an MD with more than 20 years experience and I am happy to help you today.

I’m sorry to hear about your problem.

Please provide some more information so that I can provide you with a better informed answer.

-How old are you?

- Please post a picture of the affected area.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi, I am 26 years old
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
File attached (MQ1MMZS)
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Above are photos of the affected area
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hello?

Please wait while I review the images.

Please take the following steps and see if they help:

- Please apply a hot pack (towel squeezed out in hot water) for 4-5 minutes twice a day.

- Apply a facial scrub over the area when you shower - it will help remove dead cells and allow the hair to clear the hair shaft.

- Apply Hydrocortisone ointment twice daily to reduce the inflammation - very often is the swelling around the follicle which is preventing the hair from growing out.

- Use Differin gel ( Adapalene) every night to exfoliate the skin around that area.

- Take a Vitamin C supplement 500 mg daily.

If it is still present after 2 weeks, please consult a dermatologist for prescription strength medicines.