Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
Experience:  MD
23744323

Everytime I have tried to use sunscreen(mineral or chemical)

Customer Question

Everytime I have tried to use sunscreen(mineral or chemical) my forehead and chin get tiny little bumps that over time explode into acne and needs months to go away. Currently in this tiny bump to acne cycle again, but my skin seems to have become photosensitive and i cant use any actives. what should i do
JA: When did the bumps first appear? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: they started to get significant the first time i used sunscreen two years ago. i started using differin(without sunscreen i know its bad but they wont go away and i didnt know what to do) and it did work
JA: Got it. Have you seen a dermatologist about the bumps?
Customer: im trying to see one but they'e taking a long time to reply with emails
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Dermatologist should know?
Customer: no not really
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 15 days ago.

Do you get break outs if you go out in sun without sunscreen?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
no. never as severly as this.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 15 days ago.

Please post a pic of the concerned area to provide your with precise diagnosis and treatment plan.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
File attached (4Q7T277)
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
its going to get worse. it has happened before
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 15 days ago.

Please post in jpeg format