Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Doctor
Experience:  Medical Specialist
111381268

Second opinion] i still have a spot in my nose turns into a

second opinion] i still have a spot in my nose turns into a rash then scabs but it’s been there almost 3 months i’ve tried hydrocortisone cream nothing working any help please i’ve attached a picture of how it was last month the redness and rash cleared up but still a spot inside i can feel it which can’t be picked or anything

Hi, thanks for getting in touch. It looks like a small area of dermatitis but this can be caused by things like infection or bacteria too. Have your GP take a nose swab to see if anything grows in the lab. I would also ask them for a prescription of Naseptin cream to use in both nostrils for at least a week to see if that helps clear it. I hope that helps, all the very best.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
hi there’s a spot in there too that doesn’t go away i have tried naseptin too with the whole covid thing struggling to get a appointment for anything been months since i’ve had it could it be cancer
Customer: replied 11 days ago.

Hi sorry for the delay we had some technical issues. I think it's extremely unlikely to be cancer, this doesn't have the same appearance at all. If you've tried multiple treatments I'd ask your GP for a referral to see a dermatologist in person as they need to examine it in person up close with a scope to get a better look and also potentially take a small scraping to see what's going on but in almost all such cases it's quite innocent and will go with time or some mild treatment which they can recommend after their assessment. All the best.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
what could be causing a spot up there that doesn’t go away? like a cyst

Yes it could be, either that, a mild infection or an allergic type reaction like a dermatitis. I would follow my last piece of advice and you'll know for sure. All the best again.