Dr.Shakeel Ansari
Dr.Shakeel Ansari, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, Diploma clinical Neurology
111828307

I am concerner i have scarring allopecia from dermal fillers

Customer Question

I am concerner i have scarring allopecia from dermal fillers And wamt to speak with a dermatologist as soon as possible As i have lost half my har in the last few qeeks
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I sawan md I have no other health issues This all started when i had temple fillers which i removed I only take spiranolactone Which has controlled mt hair loss from pcos for the last year. My hair was not falling at all. As soon as i got the fillers it began to fall in mass qauntities I can now see my scalp The md said he thinks its telogenic effluvium but i am worried its allopecia
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Just that i am from canasa in the uk for work for the next month and thus has caused me so much panic that i hope to speak to them as soon as possible as i am terrified my hair will never come back
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I can send you photos if needed
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  Dr.Shakeel Ansari replied 15 days ago.

Hi, this is Dr Ansari, welcome to JA

Please send the pictures

Just for your information, that hair loss may be a significant side effect of PCOS. The insulin resistance due to PCOS may lead to an increased production of testosterone in your body that gets converted into dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Increased levels of DHT results in the thinning of hair follicles and the diminishing growth of new hair as well. This leads to the onset of patterned baldness in females due to PCOS.

In 2013, a woman complained about hair loss after treatment with filler injections. This specific incidence is related to the special kind of filler. May I know which type of filler you used?

If hair loss is due to the filler it should revive and hair shedding may not be continued after resolving the filler.

So since you also have PCOS, about 40% of patients can experience hair loss. you should work up hair loss due to it.

As a symptom of PCOS, hair typically falls out mainly in the frontal-parietal region and gets considerably thinner in the middle.

The Ludwig scale describes three stages of female pattern hair loss:

• There are small areas of hair loss, with fragile and thin hairs among the healthy ones.

• There are bald patches and many thin hairs.

• Hair is fuzzy and almost invisible.

I will wait for further discussion after your response to me.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
All my hormomes are normal
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
In fact my testosterine is a bit low
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
this happened accutely due after fillers

Can you send the pictures

Dealing with hair loss can be extremely frustrating. However, a safe, natural way to treat pattern hair loss is Platelet Rich Therapy (PRP) for hair loss is a non-surgical methos for hair restoration.

You did not send pictures and did not tell what filler was used, in that case, I may suggest this.

Since your hormone levels are in the normal range PRP will restore your hair loss naturally post filler scarring alopecia. You have to do it quickly to avoid permanent hair loss as roots are destroyed in scarring alopecia.

Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy for hair loss is a non-surgical method of hair restoration. PRP is an autologous treatment, meaning that the blood cells used to stimulate hair regrowth are the patients’ own and are not taken from a foreign substance.

There are many benefits to PRP therapy for hair loss, including:

• No downtime: There is no need to take time off from your regular activities after receiving PRP for hair loss.

• Proven safety: PRP therapy uses your body’s own natural growth factors, as opposed to chemicals.

• No surgery: PRP for hair loss is a non-surgical alternative for hair restoration.

• Effectiveness: Studies have shown that PRP injections in the scalp result in significant stimulation in hair cross-section.