Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Cosmetic surgeon
Experience:  MBBS MS
5625079

Im male and I have a few discoloration patches on my genital

Customer Question

Im male and I have a few discoloration patches on my genital area, they're not ulcers or bumps, just discoloration, a bit itchy, but I think that's more psychological. I don't think it's an sti, it seems a bit like lichen sclerosus. Can you help me?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?
Customer: I just noticed today, so maybe two or three days, the itch is not severe
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Nothing else
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 16 days ago.

What is your age?

Please post a picture, if comfortable?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I'm 21 years old

I am reviewing the pictures.

This is likely to be Pityriasis Versicolor which usually does not need treatment as it goes away on its own.

The other possibility is tinea versicolor which is a yeast infection. Probiotics, cotton undergarments, moisturizing the area, avoiding sweating would take care of it.

I hope your symptoms resolve soon.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.
Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thanks for your response. The itching only happens 10 to 10 minutes and the tip of the penis is also a bit itchy, does this discard the possibility for pityriasis versicolour? I want this to get better as soon as possible, is it a good idea to buy an over the counter fungal treatment to be sure it's going to disappear? And what about sex? Can I still do it?

Very welcome.

Itching point to Tinea versicolor. Sex is permitted and you may use an over-the-counter antifungal cream.