Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
Experience:  30 years of primary care medicine
19706630

My partner has basal cell carcinoma,which covers the left

Customer Question

My partner has basal cell carcinoma,which covers the left side of her face is there any treatment for it, it weeps and bleeds when the scabs drop off
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?
Customer: It started as a small pimple in 2006,no other issues apart from a constantly blocked nostril
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No that is it
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 12 days ago.
Hi. I’m Dr. Mark. I’m a board certified physician and happy to assist you. Have you seen a dermatologist yet?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 12 days ago.
What treatment has been done?
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 12 days ago.
The goal of treatment for basal cell carcinoma is to remove the cancer completely. Which treatment is best for you depends on the type, location and size of your cancer, as well as your preferences and ability to do follow-up visits. Treatment selection can also depend on whether this is a first-time or a recurring basal cell carcinoma.SurgeryBasal cell carcinoma is most often treated with surgery to remove all of the cancer and some of the healthy tissue around it.Options might include:Surgical excision. In this procedure, your doctor cuts out the cancerous lesion and a surrounding margin of healthy skin. The margin is examined under a microscope to be sure there are no cancer cells.Excision might be recommended for basal cell carcinomas that are less likely to recur, such as those that form on the chest, back, hands and feet.Mohs surgery. During Mohs surgery, your doctor removes the cancer layer by layer, examining each layer under the microscope until no abnormal cells remain. This allows the surgeon to be certain the entire growth is removed and avoid taking an excessive amount of surrounding healthy skin.Mohs surgery might be recommended if your basal cell carcinoma has a higher risk of recurring, such as if it's larger, extends deeper in the skin or is located on your face.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I can't use a phone I am registered deaf
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 12 days ago.
Disregard a phone call request. They are sent out automatically.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I can't phone
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 12 days ago.
Disregard a phone call request.