Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience:  MD
108371854

I have a bunch of really small black tiny spots the were few

I have a bunch of really small black tiny spots the were few in numbers around the tip of my finger nail. It looked like tiny skelfs but it's really starting to sting constantly and infection is spreading at the tip of thumb near nail and looks to be down from nail a little now spreading there also
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I seen my GP who said they don't know what it is and would need to refer me to a dermatologist which could take 6months or so!
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Thank you for contacting Just Answer

Can you attach a photo?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Trying to just now
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have paid 5 just to talk but how do you send a photo?

You should have an attachment option, if not on mobile then on desktop view

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Will try desktop just now
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
please see attached I have tried to shave it down but the little black spots are deep
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
red as its starting to bleed
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
shaved it down too much

Thanks. This is likely to be a wart. Dermatology will help. One option whilst waiting is to try a topical wart treatment for a month to see if it resolved, alternatively cryotherapy may help.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
a doctor never thought it was a wart they were unsure but it stings? warts don't sting?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
P.s thank you for responding

The base can become inflamed, typical of a wart, this can cause the skin to sting.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.

Bye