Dr.Shakeel Ansari
Dr.Shakeel Ansari, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, Diploma clinical Neurology
111828307

My skins flared up since I had my Covid jab all the creams

Customer Question

My skins flared up since I had my Covid jab all the creams I’ve got are not getting it under control I have lupus too and am going through menopause what can I do can’t get gp appt for 3 weeks
JA: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?
Customer: Been 3 weeks it’s itching goes red then dry and flaky even though I’m using creams in my hair too
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don’t think there’s anything else
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr.Shakeel Ansari replied 23 days ago.

Hi, this is Dr Ansari, welcome to JA

Do you have joint pains as well?

You have I believe skin flare-up of Lupus which did not respond to conventional treatment with creams. You have to go to A&E to prevent it from becoming a Systemic Lupus flare-up. You may need IV/oral steroids to control your symptoms.