Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I am suffering from adult acne Would like to be seen by a

Customer Question

Hi I am suffering from adult acne Would like to be seen by a dermatologist please
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I use to take tetralysal I had to stop anti biotic As I am trying for a baby
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I use to have some cream but didn't work at all Skin gone really bar Bad Lately
JA: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?
Customer: 6 months gone worse But been suffering over 5 years
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 15 days ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr K. I have over 25 years of clinical experience and look forward to answering your question. i may need more information from you, so I may ask for that. My goal is to provide a complete answer to your question and to be sure you are satisfied with that answer.

I am sorry that you are having this problem but will do my best to assist you and answer your questions.    What is your age?   Male or female?   Can you please post a photo using the paper clip icon.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I am 41 male
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
File attached (M51T7V3)
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Lately condition is worsening
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I am controlling a lot my diet I have stopped milk sugar for a while now
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
The change is minimal
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I was on anti biotics for 5 years
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I had to stop as I found out it affects sperm and caused infection for my partner
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
also affecting conception
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 15 days ago.

This is a cystic type acne caused by folliculitis.   Its an infection of the hair follicle.   You need to go back on antibiotics.    At least for 3 months.   You should wash twice a day with a salicylic acid face wash.   And use a salicylic acid face pad in between during the day time.  Unfortunately this is not going to get better without antibiotics.   Antibiotics do not cause infection in your partner, affect sperm, or make you infertile in any way.  Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your question. Please let me know if you have additional concerns or need me to clarify something. I am happy to help.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
The Dr who checked my partner said she got the infection because of the antibiotics I am taking. And my gp asked me if I am trying to conceive then I cannot take antibiotics. What you think about this please. Getting very different advise
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 15 days ago.

You cannot get an infection because of antibiotics your partner is taking.   What infection was it?   And what antibiotics were you taking?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi I was lymecycline
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Basically the sperm was contaminated from the antibiotics
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 15 days ago.

The sperm is not contaminated.  This may effect sperm quantity and movement.   But most men will still have a normal semen analysis.    Have you done a semen analysis?

What infection did your partner have?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
came out very bad I did a test 3 months ago
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I got the report on email
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 15 days ago.

Can you send the report?   You may be able to use a different antibiotic then, such as Clindamycin.   Just not a tetracycline.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
whsts the email address please
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
File attached (LP5SZ5P)
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 15 days ago.

I did review the report.    Your current semen analysis is likely a reason for the infertility.   As the consultant noted, it is UNLIKELY TO BE A CAUSE OF INFERTILITY BUT THE ONLY WAY TO KNOW IS TO STOP IT AND REPEAT THE SEMEN ANALYSIS IN 3 MONTHS.

There is alternative antibiotics that are not tetracycline that you can try.   What infection did your partner have?

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 14 days ago.

Hello, just checking in to see if you have further questions or concerns. I am here to help. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Are you able to prescribe the antibiotic which does not affect fertility
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 12 days ago.

This is a question and answer site so we do not provide any medical care.   You should be able to get that alternative by visiting your Gp.