Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
Experience:  MD
23744323

Cystic acne, None, Sore lumps under skin black heads, HArd

Cystic acne
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: None
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Sore lumps under skin black heads
JA: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?
Customer: HArd

Dear Customer: Greetings, this is Dr. Basu, experienced Medical Specialist.. I am double board-certified with many years of experience. I did review your inquiry and I am hoping to give you
at least some high quality guidance here. Please ignore any call requests as they are automated responses by the website and not sent by the experts! TEXTING would be fine.
Please give me some time to review your question. Please be patient with me as I am on and off the computer so responses can be delayed at times, but I will be happy to help.

Please post a pic of the concerned area to provide you with precise diagnosis and treatment plan.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
1
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
2
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
3
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
4

Thanks for pics

Have you tried any treatment

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I’ve tried biotin injection rentinol face serum 100s face washes moisturiser skin care routines nothing working

Ok these are weak options --will not work for severe acne vulgaris like your case.

Here is a detailed plan --we favor step by step approach as detailed below for successful treatment over time.

Hormonal acne is caused by excess sensitivity of the skin to androgens
There is also increased oil production in the glands and bacterial infection in the glands causing severe eruptions and inflammation.
Treatment requires combination approach as detailed below:
Over the counter options:
1. Benzoyl peroxide 5% cream can be applied daily over the affected areas daytime.
and
2. Adapalene gel ( Differin) can be applied at night time to reduce inflammation and scarring.
Treatment needs to be continued for at least 12 weeks.
Please avoid milk products as much as possible and also avoid refined sugar in your diet --they both can cause acne flare ups.
If you do not see any improvement after 12 weeks of above regimen, it is time for you to see local dermatologist for prescription treatment.
Following topical prescription regimen can be tried:
1. a topical antibiotic gel like clindamycin % gel.
If you already tried this before with no response, then next option is even stronger Dapsone 5% gel to be applied twice daily.
While using dapsone avoid using benzoyl peroxide cream or face wash form as they together can cause orange or yellow discoloration of skin and hair.

2. Tretinoin A 0.05% cream can be added at night time as well.
Nowadays, there is an anti androgen topical cream applied recently called Clascoterone 1% cream --can be applied twice daily over the severe lesions.

Lastly,
You will need to consider oral regimen if all topical options fail ( very unlikely case).
Oral Spironolactone in women and Accutane in men and women are reserved for resistant severe cases.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
We’re do I buy

prescription from your doctor or online pharmacy like this:

Buy Epiduo Online - 45g Gel from £25.95 | Simple Online Pharmacy