Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Doctor
Experience:  Medical Specialist
111381268

I keep having red, inflamed skin on my face. ( for the past

I keep having red, inflamed skin on my face. ( for the past 5 weeks)
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?
Customer: I have always had sensitive skin but had a great skincare routine and my skin was great but out of the blue it's become really sensitive and I can't use anything on it
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: It started with my eyes having dermatitis and now it clears up but then other patched develop

Hi, thanks for getting in touch. Could you tell me a little more about what you'd like to discuss? Thanks

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?
Customer: I have always had sensitive skin but had a great skincare routine and my skin was great but out of the blue it's become really sensitive andI can't use anything on it
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: It started with my eyes having dermatitis and now it clears up but then other patched develop
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I'd rather just text

I see, are you using any new products that you can think of? It sounds as though this is a local reaction to something particularly when on the face alone. What have you tried for it so far?

Sorry the site offers calls automatically we can continue typing for sure

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I haven't introduced anything new. It started with a patch on my neck which comes and goes but there is nothing new I'm using. I've stopped using everything now

I think that's wise. In terms of medications what have you tried for it? Also are you able to attach a picture at all?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hydrocortisone creme works on it but I'm not sure this is good to continue and a new patch then develops
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
File attached (7L26GT5)

Thank you for that I see what you mean. Have you tried any anti-histamine medications. Also has your GP referred you to see an allergist? This is an important step.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I've been taking anti histamines and they seem to help. I haven't seen my GP yet.

Understood. I would definitely take an anti-histamine daily and hydrocortisone is safe for daily use, it's our weakest steroid cream but I would definitely ask your GP to refer you to an allergist so that they can start the process of checking your blood and skin and track down the precise cause.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok thanks. You don't think the hydrocortisone might make it worse?

Certainly not it would only help. You're very welcome indeed, glad I could help if a little. Come back if you've other questions in the future and all the very best.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Plus is there a particular anti histamine which is better for skin allergies? Thanks

Not really, it's a case of finding what works for you and we often suggest rotating through to see what works best for you such as loratadine, cetirizine, fexofenadine (prescription only)

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you. Really helpful

Oh good I'm glad and you're so welcome. Come back if you have questions in the future and take care :)