Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Doctor
Experience:  Medical Specialist
111381268

I would like a second opinion on my mole, yes, still waiting

hello, I would like a second opinion on my mole
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: yes, still waiting for dematologist
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no medication taking.

Hi, thank you for getting in touch. Could you tell me a little more about what you'd like to discuss? Thanks

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Hello. I have a mole that itched two months ago. It kind of inflamed and shedded as I was scratching it without knowing. Then the symptoms disappeared.
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Should I be worried about this mole?
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Diameter was about 2mm
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
File attached (QG5L653)

Thank you for the information and the pictures and sorry for the delay we had a technical problem. While it looks relatively innocent it is often very hard to tell from pictures alone. If it's increased in size or the border has changed at all, or it's bled or become painful it's always better to get it seen in person either with a biopsy taken or the mole simply removed completely. The most likely explanation is that it's innocent but I'd feel a lot more comfortable if it were seen in person as described.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Thank you very much for that. I don’t think it has increased in size at all, but not sure if it has become a little bit elevated or not. I was a bit anxious about it and now I feel a little bit relieved that it probably looks innocent. I have a dermatologist’s appointment in two weeks and hopefully he/she can get a closer look at it.
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
It doesn’t bled and it’s usually not painful, unless my clothe has too much contact with it in which case it would sometimes sting a bit?

Oh that's great news. Yes I don't think it's likely anything sinister but glad it'll be looked at more closely and that you don't have any red flag signs which is also great. I hope that helped and you feel a bit better for it. All the very best.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Thank you. Grateful for the answers, saved my night’s sleep;)

That's very kind of you to say :)