Dr. Ben
Dr. Ben, Doctor
Experience:  GP Partner, practicing Medicine for 14 years. I have broad experience with special interests in Dermatology, Paediatrics, Sexual Health and Oncology.
105673646

I have noticed last night that the mole just a finger

Customer Question

I have noticed last night that the mole just a finger distance from my left eye, got red and bigger and it hurts when I touch it. It was a tiny bumpy before but it is really bumpy now. That is still the case this morning and I am really concerned.
JA: Did you have a recent injury to the eye? How is your vision?
Customer: No injuries. My eye is fine at the moment
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 18 days ago.
Hello, thank you for trusting JustAnswer with your question. I’m Dr. Ben and I’m here to assist you today. Please allow me a few moments to review your question and I’ll be right back.
Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 18 days ago.

I’m sorry to hear about this problem.

Please can you upload some photos for me to review?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
2
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
3
Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 18 days ago.

That’s really helpful, many thanks.

The appearance is consistent with an infected skin cyst. This type of skin cyst are common and harmless, but occasionally can become infected requiring antibiotic treatment.

This is relatively mild at present so prompt treatment with an antibiotic cream (such as Fucidin) prescribed by your doctor (or out of hours GP via NHS 111) may be adequate. If it does get worse despite this, a short course of oral antibiotics should be effective to settle it down again.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Great I will speak to out of ours then. Thank you
Expert:  Dr. Ben replied 18 days ago.
You’re very welcome, all the best.

Thank you again for trusting JustAnswer with your question. If you have any additional concerns, or need me to clarify anything, please let me know and I am happy to help.